Thursday, March 13, 2008

To All The Men With Whom I've Danced Before....

After writing my last entry, I realized that as bloggers do, I probably was too extreme in some of my comments, too harsh regarding the quality of "real" men in my dancing past.

Not all have been duds. (Just 98% of All of You.)

So here's a tribute to Some of the Men With Whom I've Danced Before....
  • to Snoop Dog's Little Brother, for Best Dance-Off Ever With Complete Stranger (Gaslight Lounge, Anchorage 2004);

  • to Rocket, for Most Charged Dance Between a Man and a Woman (Gaslight Lounge, Anchorage, 2005);

  • to MR, for Most Fun Dancing Contemporaneous With Dating (Club Soraya, Anchorage 2007);

  • to BB, for Best Consecutive Four Hours of Dancing at Corporate Event (Company Holiday Party, Seattle, WA 2007);

  • to Ryan? (what was your name?) for Saying Yes When A Complete Stranger Asked You To Dance (Captain Cook Hotel, Anchorage, AK 2008)

  • to NYC Photographer, for Best Merengue Ever (LYH Basement, Anchorage, 2008);

  • to Minty Monty, for Best Dance Costume (LYH Basement, Anchorage, 2008);

  • to BB, for Best Personal Jam To Selected Song (LYH Basement, Anchorage, 2008).

I can't say every category was highly competitive (or even had data points more than one), but these "bests" are not exaggerations. And yes, it has been a busy start of the year in the LYH basement. Here's to the rest of the year!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I realize I fall into the 98% category. For the most part I dance like old people fuck: slow and jerky. The night we danced I was left stunned and dumbfounded. Not because of the beer, but because of your exquisite and graceful dancing, in addition to your ravishing and stunning beauty so elegantly showcased that evening by that amazing dress.