Friday, July 6, 2007

Save The Date

So it appears the time has come for me to make the Break With Reality that I've smelled in the air for so long now. I can think of no better way to mark the new era than with an umbrella, a fruit hat, a bowling ball, and a little music.

And let's not forget the importance of a proper disguise. No Big Life Change can be successfully executed without the aid of a good rubber nose and a fake mustache.

After I gave notice to my law firm of the last six years, many have asked me, So What Are You Going To Do Now? I think the hot pink octopus explains things pretty well. I may have to print some hot pink octopus business cards for this purpose.

Some, including myself, have pointed out that I am Too Young For A Mid-Life Crisis. I assure my friends and family that I am not trading in the Prius for a Miata - not yet. (Let's hope that if I do, I at least choose an interesting color.) Among the sophisticated "next steps" contemplated include:

  • become a momentary vegetarian (see previous blog entries on the "success" of this idea),
  • get the turquoise highlights I've wanted since I was sixteen,
  • assert control over dandelion chaos in the garden,
  • finally learn Spanish so that I can lift my prohibition on travel to Spanish-speaking countries,
  • "work on my music and art" (e.g., be penniless while picking up a new instrument, working on my cartoon strip),
  • see more of the Last Frontier.

In the meantime, I am also looking for odd experiences to add to my collection -- nothing is too odd. Try me.

No comments: