Monday, December 10, 2012

Mayday Monday Mayhem

A few months ago, right after the first snowfall, I returned to Anchorage with a bit of bad Monday mojo.  Through a chain of unfortunate events too banal to list, I found myself at the tire store on one of its busiest days waiting for a flat to be repaired.  The wait was estimated at 3 hours, and unfortunately I had left the house in a flurry without anything to eat for lunch, any coat appropriate for winter, or any book to read to help pass the time.

Nobody likes being stranded, so I decided to hoof it to the nearest establishment that might serve food ... which turned out to be the McDonald's located inside of Walmart.  Even though I was in Walmart, I tried to be positive - maybe my day was going to get better.  After all, my bank had an ATM there, so I was flush with cash.  And the Golden Arches always seemed to have a familiar and comforting glow regardless of location ... right?

CASH + McDs = RELATIVE HAPPINESS FOR A FEW HOURS?

When I looked around to see who else might be found on a rainy Monday afternoon in an Anchorage Walmart, these were the peers I spotted eating French fries:




I know what you're thinking.

PIRATES!

PIRATES eat at McDonalds on Mondays in Walmart!

Just in case you were looking for us....

YAR!

2 comments:

Agent Q said...

I once found myself at Walmart around 9:45pm on a Wednesday (or some other mid-week day) and I was followed around by a pose of cleaning Filipinos.

I honestly mean I was followed - I was in the vacuum section look for something vacuum related and a guy walked by w/ a broom and said hi. The same guy then proceeded to walk slowly behind me to the cleaning products section and while en route he was joined by 2 other guys both w/cleaning implements... while in the cleaning-product aisle I noticed these men peaking around the end cap at me and decided to bolt. I walked though the tampon section in an attempt to lose them but alas... the followed me all the way to check out.

I probably wouldn't believe this story if it didn't happen to me, but believe me, it happened.

MOA said...

Agent Q, Walmart is definitely the site of mayhem. It is unclear from your story if this was a band of Filipinos buying cleaning implements or just cleaning Walmart. But good call trying to lose them in tampons. At least I would not have followed you there.