Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Me and Drito, A Love Story (Kind Of)


Each of us has an inescapable character in our lives -- the boss who makes your day insane, the mother who always rearranges your furniture when she visits, the ex whom you can't seem to  keep out of your life....  These are the characters who get under our skin, embed themselves in the invisible fabric of our lives, and never ever let go.  

Or perhaps we never let go.  

As many of you know, for me, this character is a three-sided orange demon known to most people as the Dorito.  When I found myself chirping, "drito," whenever I was near an open bag, I knew it was bad news.  Maybe chips shouldn't have pet names....

They say admitting you have a problem is half the battle, so to assist others who may be similarly afflicted, I've created this visual list of diagnostic warning signs.  If I can save even one belly....

FOUR SIGNS YOU NEED HELP

1.  You decorated your fireplace for the holidays like this:


2.  You woke up one morning from this weird dream:


3.  One thing led to another, and the next thing you knew, you were in Paris!  


4.  You often use the words, "hangover" and "Dorito" in the same sentence.


Really, if even one of these things has happened to you, please get some help.  Together, we can stand strong! 


No comments: