Sunday, December 7, 2008

nuevo huevo ranchero

It was around 3pm, the afternoon after a Family Breakfast of breakfast burritos. Leftovers included a small amount of peppers and onions, pico de gallo, and a bit of grated cheddar. I wasn't exactly in the mood for a repeat of breakfast, so I sauteed the pico de gallo, re-chopped the sauteed peppers and onions, fried some scallions, and added shredded potatoes. After allowing the potatoes to crisp, I threw in a tortilla to warm up. Also cleared a spot in the potatoes to crack in my last emergency egg. Realizing that all of the ingredients would not fit in a burrito and not in a taco (which was the technique I had to use this morning), I decided to pile it all on the tortilla as a carrier, allowed the cheddar to melt slightly and topped it all off with the fried egg, a few squirts of ketchup. Salsa at this point would be too complicated.



No corona in sight, so I cracked open a Mike's hard lemonade. A glass of water might not be able to handle this Sunday supper.

No comments: